Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rock Climbing

Hello all! I'm trying to keep up my end of the bargain here and keep blogging so you will keep reading.

Well, last week a few friends (Crystal, Amanda, Leanne) and I decided to give rock climbing a whirl. I do have to say...LOVE IT! It is soo...what's the word...FANTASTIC, for the lack of a better word. What an adrenaline rush. I can't think of any sport I'd rather be doing. I would be lying if I said there wasn't any pain that came to follow but fortunately I enjoy the pain, minus the rope burn on my hands. Since last week, Crystal and I went again yesterday and I'm also going today to a different gym in Grapevine. I would say that our climb was definitely more challenging yesterday. It's a good thing that we are both tough! :) We could tell they moved the paths around which works out well b/c who wants to climb the same rocks every week?!?! Some of them were pretty difficult. I realized after watching other climbers that I need to work on my form before I try to move up to a different level. Oddly, my toes are really sore today but not really any other parts. I can't say my toes have ever been sore at any point in my life prior to today...it's weird. I will try to post some pics soon (not of my toes)! I have definitely found my new hobby! I have kind of an addictive personality so we'll see if this new addiction will last...

2 comments: