Monday, March 15, 2010

New digs and my man, Tyler...

Well guys, I have officially moved into my new place in Frisco. I cannot even tell you how excited I am! I still have a few things to pick up from the house but for the most part the move is complete.

On a separate note... This weekend was pretty fantastic. Saturday afternoon I went to see Tyler Perry's play "Madea's Big Happy Family" with my mom and Cyndi. Honestly, if I try to explain how awesome the play was I will break down in tears. But I'm going to give it a go anyways... This play was written as a part of the healing process for Tyler when his mom passed away in December. The premise of the play was that this lady has cancer and only had 4-6 weeks to live. So she wanted to get all of her children together and talk to them about it at one time and answer any questions they might have. Well, Madea was summoned over to the house as well to keep the peace. As expected, when all of the children showed up, chaos ensued. Everyone was fighting and yelling. Needless to say, the mom was not able to tell her children that she was dying. When the mother died, Madea got all of the children together and tried to give them some words of wisdom and tell them how it is...something their mother was never able to do.

Tyler Perry gives the best advice! Every time I watch one of his plays or movies it restores my faith a bit that my "one" is out there somewhere. Tyler said that you have to be open to love and open to the thought of finding a good man. I'm not sure how to do this... He also said that God would send me a "good" man when my heart is ready. How do I know when that is or when I'm ready? I feel like I've been ready for a while now. I know that God has a plan for me but sometimes I wish he would let me in on that secret.

My favorite quote from Tyler is "you can be born into a whole lot of a nightmare, but God can usher you into a dream" I think he is brilliant!

xoxo
Riss

No comments:

Post a Comment