Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Here and There

Hello all! I'm new to the blogging world and I already feel a little overwhelmed. I'm going to try to look at this as a therapeutic tool though it might turn out to be a place to vent here and there. (For that, I apologize now) If you are reading this then you probably know me already. My goal is to write about my journey training for races, school and just life in general. I will try my best to keep up with blogging but for the ones that don't know me, I'm a bit scatter-brained.

Since this is my first blog, it will be lengthy. :)

I guess first, let me tell you about my running adventures. Back in May 2008, my friend Leanne and I decided to join Team in Training to prepare for our FIRST half marathon and raise money for a great cause at the same time. What a great experience this was... I learned so much about running and myself! Who would have thought so much went into running (!?) I had ups and downs as I'm sure most newbies do. But crossing the finish line in San Francisco at the Nike Women's Marathon was ABSOLUTELY worth all of the sweat and tears. And boy were there tears!! Happy tears, painful tears, frustrating tears...you name them, I had them. I am not known for hiding my emotions...haha Anyways, while the training and races were so much fun, I also raised $3900 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. By far, this was my BEST accomplishment. There is no way that I could have accomplished this without the help and support of my friends and family. They are AWESOME. I could go on and on about what a great cause LLS is and in a future blog I might just do that. But back to running... Since that half marathon was so great I decided to go back for another season of training as a mentor for Team in Training and train for the Rome Marathon. WHAT WAS I THINKING??? This had disaster written all over it! But, misery loves company so I talked my friend Traci into joining me. :) It didn't take much convincing as Traci witnessed first had in San Fran how great TNT prepares you and how supportive they are. So we set off on our mission to each raise $6200 and run 26.2 miles. Training was long and hard but in the end...we crossed the finish line at The Coliseum in Rome, Italy on March 22, 2009. Though Rome was beautiful, I would have to say that I do not plan on repeating that race...haha At the time I thought I would never run again but it didn't take long for me to start planning out my next race.

That's where my blog really begins...

2 comments:

  1. Yay friend! I'm glad you're blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA I got a flyer in the mail today for the Chrons and Collitis Foundation. They are training for a half marathon on December 6 in what better place than.........VEGAS! What do you think? Mischa has this disease remember????

    ReplyDelete